The aim of this new initiative is to reach the general public as well as specialist audiences with informed assessments on the state of our world. It is an extension of the work being carried out both by the Center for International and European Studies (CIES) at Kadir Has University and the International Relations Council of Turkey (IRCT), of which Panorama is one of its many initiatives.
As both partners believe that the study and understanding of International Relations should not be limited to academic audiences only, this forum was created to reach the general public.
The Foreign Policy Talks will be stand-alone discussions on topics that are newsworthy in the international context. They will be primarily delivered online via regular webinars, while some will encompass, whenever the circumstances permit, both a live audience and an online discussion. They will also be recorded and made available through the websites and social media feeds of the partner institutions.
The sixth installment of the Foreign Policy Talks series will focus on “Foreign Policy Talks Series: The US Presidential Election: What Implications for Turkey and Its Neighbours?” where actively engaged professionals will assess the US Presidential elections.
The meeting took place on Friday, 25 November 2020 between 19:00-20:15 (GMT +3) on Zoom.
- Nathalie Tocci, Director, Istituto Affari Internazionali, Rome
- Ian Lesser, Vice President; Executive Director, Brussels Office, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Dorothee Schmid, Head, Turkey and Middle East Program, Institut Français des Relations Internationales, Paris
- Mustafa Aydın, President, International Relations Council of Turkey; Professor of International Relations, Istanbul
- Dimitros Triantaphyllou, Director, International and European Studies, Kadir Has University, Istanbul (Moderator)